Registering with the council

If you are staying for more than four months in the Netherlands you will need to go to the city council and register as a new resident of the town where you are living.

You need to register in person at your local town or city hall. In most cities you have to make an appointment for this.

You will need to bring:

  • a valid passport;
  • evidence that you have a suitable place to live (your contract as tenant, for example);
  • a certified true copy of your birth certificate indicating your name, date and place of birth. For most countries, this should be a legalised copy.
last modified Dec 06, 2017 07:17 AM